Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 is not that far anymore with Netflix setting a release date in late May, here’s an updated version of what we know so far about the second last season of the fan-favorite series Lucifer in form of Lucifer Season 5B.
Lucifer is one of the biggest series for Netflix, after taking over the production from Season 4 from FOX after its unjustly cancellation. Lucifer Season 4 was the first season as a Netflix original for the Lucifer series and all of the credit for that goes to the fans who got millions of signatures on Lucifer’s revival petition.
Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 – Release Date?
Lucifer Season 4 aired on Netflix on May 8, 2019, with a more recent season aka Lucifer Season 5A coming on August 21, 2020, and since then every fan has been waiting for the second part of Season 5, and finally Netflix has decided to release the much-awaited Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 worldwide on May 28, 2021.
Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 – Episode Names?
Even before the release of Lucifer Season 5A aired we were slowly teased all of the upcoming series episode names and who will write and direct them and we have made a list of episodes 9 to episode 16 below.
- Episode 509 – “Family Dinner” – Written by Joe Henderson and directed by Nathan Hope
- Episode 510 – “Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam” – Written by Ildy Modrovich and directed by Sherwin Shilati.
- Episode 511 -“Resting Devil Face” – Written by Mira Z. Barnum, Joshua Duckworth, and Richardo Lopez Jr and directed by Bola Ogun
- Episode 512 – “Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid” – Written by Mike Costa, directed by Greg Beeman
- Episode 513 – “A Little Harmless Stalking” – Written by Julia Fontana & Jen Graham Imada and directed by Richard Speight, Jr.
- Episode 514 – “Nothing Lasts Forever” – Written by Chris Rafferty & directed by Lisa Demaine
- Episode 515 – “Is This Really How It’s Going to End?!” – Written by Jason Ning & directed by Ildy Modrovich
- Episode 516 – “A Chance At a Happy Ending” – Written by Joe Henderson & Ildy Modrovich & directed by Karen Gaviola
Lucifer Season 5 – Cast?
All of the main cast including Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German as Chloe Decker, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen, Kevin Alejandro as Dan, D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel, Rachel Harris as Linda Martin, and Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez will be returning with some new faces.
Firstly Dennis Haysbert whose spectacular entry at the end of Season 5A shocked everyone will be continuing his role as God, his casting announcement was made back in January 2020.
Other stars who are joining the cast of the devil are Allison McAtee as Elizabeth Newman, she is mostly known for her work in Californication and The Haves and will join the cast as a guest star in episode 14. We also know that Catherine Dent will appear in the musical episode as Dr. Alice Porter, she is mostly known for her work in The Shield and Silk.
Scott Porter has also joined the cast and the character he is going to play has not been announced yet, but it is rumored that he will play Castiel and he will surely reappear in Lucifer Season 6. Porter is mostly known for his work on Ginny & Georgia and Prom Night.
Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 – Musical Episode?
Lucifer was one of the shows that appeared in the DC FanDome digital event on September 12, 2020, and this what the series creators told about the series and they also gave us a glimpse of the new season:
Here’s what was told about the musical episode at the digital event:
“Lucifer is back from Hell, and the series is bringing a never-before-seen blooper reel from season 4 along with an exclusive clip of “Another One Bites the Dust” from the upcoming musical episode. Director Sherwin Shilati and Lucifer executive producers/showrunners Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich discuss what it took to put together such a massive musical episode — and how they have been able to keep it under wraps for so long.”
There is also a black and white episode which will be in the upcoming season and here are some glimpses of it.
So, are you excited about Lucifer Season 5 Part 2?